Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 2

Week 2! A lot has happened, I've only taken a few pictures, only one is worth sending. But I'll take more soon, I promise. First things first, some of you who have written letters to me are confused. Korean Elders means all of the Americans called to Korean missions, not native Koreans. They keep the languages together, so we're always eating with, going to gym with, and rooming with all of the Korean speaking (American) Elders. So hopefully that clears up confusion.

Second: Wow! Thank you to all of you who have sent me letters and packages! Seriously, it makes my day when I get a handful of letters and package slips. As far as writing you all back, I'll try my hardest, but finding the time to do that here at the MTC is really difficult. Also, for the next six weeks I'm going to be here, I'm going to be even busier because I've been called as the new Zone Leader for my branch. The old Zone Leaders are heading off to Korea next week so I'm taking their place, as well as another new ZL who will be called next week. Funny thing is, I've only been here for 2 weeks and I know as much Korean as a rock. But it's okay, it's coming (I think I'm supposed to say that hahaha). Currently, our branch has over 100 people in it, but after all of the older Elders and Sisters leave next week, we'll only have 32 people. It will be like that until the next wave of newbies come in on April 17th (Look at me, all my ZL knowledge). But yes, I'm very excited for this calling over the rest of my time here at the MTC.

Also, I see Kevin on a daily basis. It's kind of funny, because there's other people who I know are here, but I haven't seen them once. And then with Kevin and I, it's all like "Hi Elder Graf!" "Oh hello Elder Graf!" every single day. Too bad he's leaving this week, then I really won't see him for another 2 years, but it's definitely been nice to see a familiar face every now and then. And Sydna, you will be expecting a letter from Kevin in the very near future -- the envelope may or may not have my handwriting and stamp on it.

So like I said in the last letter, every night is a party down at the Korean dorms. P-days are even better. This morning, we had Korean bath house preparation. We turned the showers on scalding hot and let the room fill up with steam. Eventually, it became a nice and hot steam sauna filled with 15 elders in towels trying to be as Asian as possible. We've got this culture thing in the bag. We've decided that this we become a weekly P-Day ritual, it's just that relaxing. Other culture preparation activities are in the works, but we think that we've got a pretty good start for sure haha.

Finally, I'll explain the attached picture - It's my entire district as well as a couple of native Koreans from another district. My companion, Elder Hafen, is the one next to me as well as Elder Renfroe and Lund, and Sister Sieverts, Bassett, Dorman, Washburn, Young, and Saunders. I hope I spelled all of their names right. 

Anyway, I'll write again next week!

-Elder Graf



No comments:

Post a Comment