Sunday, March 9, 2014

A few updates

TRANSFERS!!

What the- I'm in my eighth transfer??  I've passed my halfway??  Winter is ending??  I have a new companion??  Where did all the time go!?

In order to properly begin the new transfer, I figured I would give a short update of everything going on right now.  Ready, set, go:

- I am still in Dangjin - at lest six more weeks!
- I have a new companion, a Korean, named Jung Gi Hyun (just call him Elder Jung).  He is tons of fun and has been on his mission the same amount of time as me.  The two of us are co-senioring together
- Last week was freezing, snow and all, but it warmed up yesterday and today is wonderful.  Spring is finally coming.  I can't wait to see all the blossoms that Korea is famous for.
- We still have all the same investigators, but we gathered a new 60 year man last week to add to our list.  He's had a bad experience with churches in the past and is really just looking for one that is honest and true (ding ding ding, we have a winner)
- Remember our family that we reactivated just 2 months ago?  Well they share farms with their uncle and their uncle raises dogs.  This week when we visited them, they slaughtered one of the dogs and fed it to us in the same day - just pure dog meat.  Crazy, huh!?  Most missionaries that "try dog meat" on their mission eat it in a restaurant as part of a famous Korean soup called Boshingtang.  Basically, it's the simplest way to eat dog meat, it's just part of a soup.  It's like eating chicken noodle soup and saying you ate chicken - you did, but not really.  So this week, I got the real deal and yes, it tasted and smelled (oh gosh it smelled) exactly how you would imagine a dog would taste and smell like...... like a dog.
- I still love the countryside and am just blown away by the beauty of everything every day.  I can't wait for everything to start turning green
-The Koreans are hard at work and the fields are now full of grandmas and grandpa farmers planting away
- Korea is OBSESSED with Frozen and they play every single song from that movie on the streets all day, every day.  I don't even know what the movie is about, but I've sure been able to memorize all the lyrics
-  Each day is a new adventure, I literally love every minute!

So I hope that gives you a little glimpse of my now.  If that wasn't good enough, I'll send some pictures to add to it.  Hope you all have a good week!  

Elder Crap


No comments:

Post a Comment