Monday, August 11, 2014

The last week of 18

This week was probably the fastest week in my entire mission, no joke.  Elder Skinner and I have now been companions for 3 transfers - that's a REALLY long time.  No problem though, we're best friends, so it's been nothing but good times, but now that we've been together for so long - we have our system down.  We know what each other will do and say in a lesson, we know how to plan together and set unified goals, we know each other's deepest thoughts...  we have it all down.  Therefore, the time has just for some reason begun to BLOW by.  This last week was week 5 of the transfer, our (potentially) last full week together, and boy were we busy.  I'll walk you through it.

Monday was sleep day.  I was tired, he was tired, we needed our rest before jumping into the new week.  Come Tuesday, our appointments began, and we were traveling all over our area from city to city to meet with our investigators.  The people we met with this week range from teenagers who look up to us like celebrities, old Korean men full of wisdom about the world and its spiritual aspects, only-interested-in-learning-English-from-us-by-lie-about-being-interested-in-the-gospel adults, and a wonderful miracle of a person we met on the street a few months back.  More on him later.

Half-way through the week, heaven came in the form of two packages from my family.  Honestly, those things mean everything to us missionaries.  I opened them up and was welcomed with candy, treats, needed supplies, and - last but not least - my long lost camera that broke a few months back in the subway station, was sent to America to be repaired, and then was sent back to me.  I almost cried from joy.   Ever since getting it, I've used it oh so diligently.  So much so, that the battery actually died today..... and then I realized that there was no battery charger sent in the package.....  so I once again have a problem....  to be continued.

Sunday came and so did two of our investigators (to church, that is).  One of them is the teenager who wants to be baptized but his dad won't let him, and the other is the wonderful miracle of a person we met on the street a few months back that I referred to a paragraph or two back.  When we first met him, he really liked us and wanted to meet, but didn't have much church interest.  But then, all of a sudden two weeks ago, he called us up and told us that he was sorry for not being better earlier, but now he wants to change.  He promised us that he will come to church every single week from now on no matter what.  This Sunday was the second week in a row that he came, actually, and afterwards, we taught him a little bit more about the plan of salvation and why the gospel of Jesus Christ plays a key role in it.  Long story short, he's getting baptized this next Sunday, the 17th.  Awesome, huh!?

So our week was great. We were busier than ever, we set a baptismal date, and we felt rather accomplished.  Our last week together closed, and we anxiously awaited for the transfer calls this morning........  drum roll please.....

I'M TRAINING!  Our mission FINALLY is getting greenies (we've been in a drought do to the age change and just waiting for everyone to graduate high school) and one is coming my way this Thursday.  Who?  I have no idea.  All I know is that Elder Skinner is leaving for the south of the country, and I'm staying here in Sejong to train.  I'm really excited - can't wait to put my skills to the test.

So, it's been a really good 3 transfers together.  18 weeks went by extremely fast, it's been a really good time serving with Elder Skinner.  Hopefully my next companion will be good as well, wish me and my greenie a good week!

Elder Graf

No comments:

Post a Comment